Friday, January 20, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas

Here's the deal - I love my Crock Pot. We're really close. I search for hours to find just the right thing to make in it - and a few weeks ago, I found it. This is the best Crock Pot chicken recipe ever...Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken (http://mykitchenapron.blogspot.com/2011/07/crock-pot-buffalo-chicken.html - she has some of the best stuff!)

I wasn't feeling too well and wanted an easy dinner that tasted good and was (reasonably) healthy. I got home from work, dumped in the ingredients, turned it on high and left it alone until I went to bed. In the morning, I pulled the crock from the fridge...it looked a lot like this picture (mmmmm).


Now normally, I would just make a sandwich and call it a day. Oh no. This day I was home sick from work with a cold. I needed feel-good food...and to me, nothing hits the spot quite like a quesadilla. Here's the plan:

1. Four 8" Flour Tortillas
2. 1/2 block shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
3. 3/4 cup Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken
4. Bleu Cheese Dressing

Working on only one half of each tortilla, sprinkle 1/2 of the cheese across all four tortillas. Top with chicken and then the remaining cheese. Fold tortillas in half. In a skillet with a very, very small amount of oil, brown the quesadillas until the cheese melts. Serve with Bleu Cheese dressing and you are on your way to feeling so much better :)

(No pictures of the finished product because I was too excited to worry about the camera!)


No comments:

Post a Comment